Free Online LARC Training for Providers
University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health is offering a free online training for long acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs). UCSF Bixby Center's CME/CE-accredited training is a primer on intrauterine devices (IUDs) and the contraceptive implant, and is suitable for all types of healthcare providers and support staff. This one-hour course is self-paced with videos, case studies and interactive quizzes.
Each section features real world providers who guide learners through all steps of offering IUD and implant services to their patients from the first appointment call to follow-up and case management.
This course is accredited by the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education.
· Describe LARC effectiveness, side effects and benefits.
· Explain public health implications of increased LARC access.
· Become familiar with CDC's Medical Eligibility Criteria for contraception.
· Identify common misinformation.
· List key counseling points.
· Identify ways to integrate LARC into routine care.
· Go to the Bixby Center's online training portal
· Register and go to the Catalog tab in the upper right
· Select "An update on long-acting reversible contraception" & add to your cart
· Click on the checkout icon at the top of the screen
Questions? Contact UCSF Bixby Center's Online Training Coordinator, Rosalyn Schroeder, at Rosalyn.Schroeder@ucsf.edu
View by MonthFebruary 2017